Monday 4 February 2013

.....AND AWAY WE GO!

So, pursuant to the promise I have made to myself to log in and blog daily, here I am today.

Eventually, I hope to find the grace to recall the short stories I had been saving to my tablet and which have all been irretrievably lost. I will try, might not be like the originals would have been, but in addition to talking serious issues, i hope to pursue my first love, which is African Folk Stories for Children, in a more contemporary setting!

 I hope it would give a lot of fun and delight to those who sat round their parents and grandparents feet (like I did) and listened in rapt awe while these stories were being recounted. With slight variations from narrator to narrator, but still maintaining the same central theme. i also hope that for those with Nigerian backgrounds, it would also be some fun trying to match contemporary to folk lore.

I must confess that in both writing and blogging, I am still finding my feet, but I love to talk! That is and has always been my passion! Speak, talk, relate, rub minds - it gives me an almost orgasmiac delight when I meet like minds and can spend hours just talking, listening, sharing ideas - BLISS! I like to say that my weight is all unevenly distributed: 100kg in the mouth and lips region and my body has the remaining 10kg (forsooth thee, did you think I would actually tell my real weight here)? Bottom Line - I love to talk! Hope that can transit easily and smoothly to writing!

It will not be all short stories, I also like to talk about issues happening around me, in my immediate environment and in the world at large. I give my unique perspective and invite others to share theirs too. That way, we can collectively make our world a better, cleaner, friendlier place for everyone!

So, daily, I will check in and blog about what matters most to me, whatever catches my attention for the day, I will pour out here. Maybe once a week, or once a month, I will post one of my short stories and we can all have fun taking in questions, comments, advice, etc on how to make both the blog and the world a better place.

Maybe I am no longer a blogging virgin, but I am still learning the ropes!

So, see you all daily and please bring on the jists!

No comments:

Post a Comment